Saturday, January 24, 2009

A new family member just arrived...

This is my new bicycle, an Alubike Dropper. I just received it last Thursday. I bought it because the components are pretty good (it has Rock Shox suspensions with remote lock out, Tektro Lyra disc brakes, Mavic XM wheels, etc) and the price was much better than a comparable Fuji. It's built in Mexico, hence the lower price. It's a rather cool bike and I hope it will serve me well. Will let you know how that one goes. For more info on those check: http://www.alubike.com.mx/

I'm trying hard to get back in shape, and this is part of that plan. Also many times, when I went around with my Bronco, visiting remote archeological sites, I used to miss having a mountain bike to venture through the impenetrable maze of "sacbes" and little dirt tracks surrounding the ruins. This bicycle will most probably permanently live on the back of my truck.

There's a very active off-road cycling group here in Cancun. They meet every Sunday and spend the day exploring different routes around the peninsula. I haven't ride in ages, so I'm a bit unsure about joining them right now, but depending on how determined I wake up tomorrow, I may join them for my first ride... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment