Friday, February 20, 2009

Running Report


It's a long time that I don't post any updates on Willoby Bronco (yes, I know: it is totally childish to put names to cars. Isn't it? Well mine has, and I don't care what you have to say about it). I didn't have time to post any updates, because well... I was driving it!

February has been a busy month for Bronco, and together we've covered over 2,000 miles all around the Yucatan Peninsula. We've been down to Tulum twice, plus another trip down there with Frank and Ros at the wheel, we drove to Izamal and Rio Lagartos too, and I finally made it to Yaxuna's ruins and Mayan community.

Bronco drove like a dream, except for a long drive in the middle of a horrible storm... mud tires and concrete motorways don't mix well. The thing was almost undriveable. Not much fun really.

Problem is that last weekend after returning from Tulum I noticed that there was freshly spilled oil all over my rear right fender... (see pic) coming from the differential. Not good. But easy enough to fix. I recently replaced the rear axle shafts, so I'm guessing that one of the seals gave out...

I'm taking care of this, so I hope to be back on the road soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment